In Fablehaven by Brandon Mull, we meet 13-year-old Kendra and 11-year-old Seth while they are traveling to their Grandpa and Grandma Sorenson’s house. Upon arrival they find out that Grandma Sorenson is missing, that Grandpa Sorenson has set up a puzzle for them to solve, and that they are about to embark on an adventure of magical milk, fairies, demons, and more.
Are you ready to dive into a world of magic and myth? Check out Fablehaven by Brandon Mull, then give these lesson plans a try. They are a great way to enjoy the text further and discover all there is to know about Fablehaven!
Fablehaven Stick Fairy Craft for Kids
Make your own fairy, just like the ones found in the story! Here is how to make your own.
-wood craft stick
– silk flowers
– craft paper
– craft glue
1 Begin by clipping the bloom from your flower. Glue it to the center of the stick where it will be the tutu of your fairy. Just add a dab, hold until secure, and release.
2. Snip out a set of wings for your fairy. These can be any shape or color you wish. Add a dab of glue and press them to the back of the craft stick.
3. Create the face of your fairy by drawing two small “u” shapes for the eyes and a dot for the mouth. It will give your fairy the cutest face.
4. Add any other embellishments you wish at this time.
You can now display your fairy, then give these other Fablehaven activities a try:
1. Create a mythical character chart. See if you can name all of the mythical characters in the story and name some of their traits. Draw sketches if you wish.
2. Create your own scavenger hunt for a friend to try. Lead them on an adventure!
3. Pretend you drank the magical milk. What kind of adventure do you wish it would take you on?
Are you ready to “drink the magic milk” and head on an adventure? Give these Fablehaven activities a try and see how much fun you can have!