It is no secret that I love Astronomy! I thought I would share a few fun ideas to help with your little Astronomer and I am starting with this The Loving Earth unit study.
You will see all of those items ready to print out – right HERE–>The Living Earth – A Unit Study About the Beautiful Blue Planet PDF
Want the answers for your student?
Amazing Facts About the Living Earth (Answer Sheet)
1. Earth is the beautiful blue __planet____ we all live on.
2. Of all the planets in the __solar system__ , Earth is the only one that supports life.
3. Deep inside of the Earth is a solid ____core____ made of Iron and Nickle.
4. Surrounding the inner core is more Iron and Nickle that is so hot that it flows like liquid. This means that it is ___molten___ .
5. Made of mostly solid (although able to move slowly), super hot rock, the ___mantle___ is around 1800 miles thick.
6. The Earth has a ___diameter___ of nearly 8000 miles, if you draw a straight line right through the center at the equator.
7. The Earth is ___teeming____ with life, which means that life on Earth is very full and abundant.
8. Earth’s atmosphere is composed of around 77% __Nitrogen___ .
9. To ___catalog____ all the living things on Earth means that we list them in an organized way, sorted into catagories and types.
10. There are trace amounts of both __Argon___ and Carbon Dioxide in our atmosphere.
11. Our atmosphere is about 21% ___Oxygen___ , something humans and animals rely on in order to breathe and live.
12. Because the Earth is tilted on its axis, we experience four different __Seasons___ throughout the year.
13. Our atmosphere protects us from damaging ___radiation___ coming from the Sun.
14. Water is a very important ___resource____ that every living thing on Earth requires for survival.
15. When a meteor hits a planet or other object in space, it often leaves behind an impact ___crater____ .
16. The side of the planet that is tilted away from the sun experiences colder weather, which often comes with snow and ice, during a season called __Winter____ .
17. One of many things our Moon does for us is control the rhythm of the ___tides___ .
18. The Season of ___Summer___ occurs when that section of the planet is tilted toward the Sun, making the weather hot and the days long.
Now, if you have a really enthusiastic kiddo — I have The Living Earth Unit Study Recommended Websites and Product Links