Taking tests are NEVER fun and I don’t think that anyone actually enjoys taking them but what is even worse is studying for a test. Sitting down trying to focus on your schoolwork, trying to soak in all the knowledge into your brain while stressing over whether you are going to pass this big test or not can be extremely frustrating for a student. You end up just getting mad about it and possibly giving up on studying or not doing as well on the test as you had hoped because you were so stressed about doing well. Today I am going to be sharing with you 5 tips that will make studying a bit easier and ensure that you pass that test with flying colors!
1. Stay Calm, Trust Your Brain: Sometimes when we begin to panic about a test we tend to draw a blank and not be able to remember things like we need to. Stay calm about the test and trust in the fact that your brain will remember all the information you need to know and trust that you can do well and chances are… you will!
2. Don’t Cram: Cramming is probably the worst thing that you can do and I want to really stress that! Cramming will just cause you to have anxiety and freak out about taking this test. What I recommend is studying a little bit of information over the course of about a week before the test and then give yourself a break the night before the test to just relax and remember everything that you will need.
3. Create a Relaxed Environment: No one wants to study when they are so stressed out and freaking out about the big test. So, with that being said create a nice and relaxing environment for yourself and you will be good to go! Maybe put on some of your favorite music and put some nice essential oils into the air and you will be nice and relaxed for your study session.
4. Get a Study Buddy: A great way to make studying easier and more fun is to get yourself a study buddy. Grab a friend that you enjoy hanging out with and study together. This way you can quiz each other and help each other out for the test. You will be much more relaxed with a friend near by and you will get your studying done as well.
5. Quiz Yourself: If you’re wanting to get a taste of what the test will be like, make up a quiz of questions that you think could potentially be on the test and quiz yourself. This is a great way to test how you think you will do the test and will definitely help you to remember necessary information.
Tests are no fun, I think everyone knows that but unfortunately they are necessary in life. Studying doesn’t have to be stressful and difficult, relax and just get effective studying done and you will do great on your tests!